1. The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate — Discoveries from a Secret World — Peter Wohlleben (Greystone Books).
2. Embers: One Ojibway’s Meditations — Richard Wagamese (Douglas & McIntyre).
3. On Island: Life Among the Coast Dwellers — Pat Carney (TouchWood Editions).
4. Hello Humpback! — Roy Henry Vickers and Robert Budd, illustrated by Roy Henry Vickers (Harbour Publishing).
5. British Columbia from Scratch: Recipes for Every Season — Denise Marchessault and Caroline West (Whitecap Books).
6. Harry: A Wilderness Dog Saga — Chris Czajkowski (Harbour Publishing).
7. The Promise of Paradise: Utopian Communities in British Columbia — Andrew Scott (Harbour Publishing).
8. Beckoned by the Sea: Women at Work on the Cascadia Coast — Sylvia Taylor (Heritage House Publishing).
9. The Queen of the North Disaster: The Captain’s Story — Colin Henthorne (Harbour Publishing).
10. Chilcotin Chronicles: Stories of Adventure and Intrigue from British Columbia’s Central Interior — Sage Birchwater (Caitlin Press).
11. Some Useful Wild Plants: A Foraging Guide to Food and Medicine from Nature (Revised Edition) — Dan Jason (Harbour Publishing).
12. Pacific Reef & Shore: A Photo Guide to Northwest Marine Life from Alaska to Northern California — Rick M Harbo (Harbour Publishing).
13. Dirty Windshields: The Best and the Worst of the Smugglers Tour Diaries — Grant Lawrence (Douglas & McIntyre).
14. Victoria’s Most Haunted: Ghost Stories from BC’s Historic Capital City — Ian Gibbs (Touchwood Editions).
15. Wolf Island — Ian McAllister & Nicholas Read (Orca Book Publishers).
— Compiled by the Association of Book Publishers of B.C.