Buscador de Noticias Mundial. La mas completa informacion para todos los usuarios en todos los idiomas.



Ugo Fredette is ready to be discharged from hospital, his lawyer says

After attempting to kill himself, the Quebec man arrested in Ontario after police issued a two-day Quebec-Ontario Amber Alert is about to be discharged from an Ontario hospital, his lawyer said Thursday. 

“He’s the one who called me, so that’s why I can tell you that he’s able to express himself,” Pierre Gauthier said in a telephone interview.

Upon Ugo Fredette’s release from the hospital, it is expected that the 41-year-old will be transferred to Quebec and questioned by the Sûreté du Québec in connection with the murder of Yvon Lacasse, a 71-year-old man who disappeared last week and whose body was found Wednesday

A Quebec Superior Court judge had ordered a medical evaluation of Fredette to evaluate his ability to appear in court to face charges of second-degree murder in connection with the death of Véronique Barbe, who was found dead in her Saint-Eustache home last Thursday. That discovery led police to issue an Amber Alert — a warning system that alerts the public of abducted children who are in imminent danger — to find the couple’s six-year-old son. The boy was found safe with Fredette and is now in protective custody in Quebec.

Fredette’s court appearance had been postponed until next Wednesday so the medical evaluation can be done. Quebec Superior Court Judge Martin Castonguay said Wednesday that it is imperative that there be a medical report detailing his state of health at that point.

Thursday, Gauthier said, “We have to take him to Parthenais (the headquarters of the Sûreté du Québec) and afterwards (my client) may have to answer to new charges.”

Gauthier said he hasn’t spoke with his client’s doctor so has no other details on his client’s state.

Related

FUENTE:

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/ugo-fredette-is-ready-to-be-discharged-from-hospital-his-lawyer-says