Buscador de Noticias Mundial. La mas completa informacion para todos los usuarios en todos los idiomas.



Baby left with horrific burns after pulling boiling kettle down on himself just days after he had learned to walk

AN AUSTRALIAN mum has spoken of her family’s tragedy after her 17-month-old tot pulled a kettle of boiling water down himself.

Baby Hunter, who was just learning to walk, was on holiday with his family in the Sunshine Coast in Queensland when the split-second accident happened on March 26.

The ordeal left the tot with severe burns to 12 per cent burns of his body.

Gofundme
Baby Hunter suffered severe burns to 12 per cent of his body when he pulled a boiling kettle on himself[/caption]

A heart-breaking picture shows the youngster in hospital with most of his body, including his whole head, covered in bandages.

His distraught mum, Kerrie Hall, from Brisbane, has spoken out for the first time more than a month after the accident saying his injuries are life-changing.

Recalling the horror, Kerrie said Hunter pulled open the caravan’s oven door and knocked over a kettle boiling on the hot plate.

Facebook
Days before the accident, Hunter started to take his first steps[/caption]

Facebook
Hunter with his mum Kerrie says his injuries will affect his whole life[/caption]

She told 7 News: “He learned to walk three or four steps three days before the accident.

“Before the accident he spoke all the basic words, but now all he can do is grunt.”

Hunter has since undergone four skin grafts to his head, chest, right leg and foot and the sole of his left foot.

Now, he must have lotion applied eight times a day and regular physiotherapy to stretch the body and minimise scarring.

 

Kerry says Hunter will need on-going treatment until he’s 18 or 19.

She said: “We are hoping it won’t affect him too much. When he starts school he might be bullied – with people looking at him differently because of his leg.

“We just need to be positive and [teach him] that he’s no different.

“We’re confident Hunter is hoping to have a normal life, as much as possible.”

A GoFundMe page has been set up to help the family with costs while they support Hunter through his treatments.

The website states: “The sooner we can begin to raise funds, the sooner we can start helping Hunter and the Hall family by way of providing him the required suitable sun care, clothing, and special shoes he needs.”


We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368


FUENTE:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3432165/baby-horrific-burns-boiling-kettle/