Buscador de Noticias Mundial. La mas completa informacion para todos los usuarios en todos los idiomas.



Who applied to become Contra Costa County’s interim DA?

MARTINEZ — A dozen candidates have applied to serve as interim Contra Costa district attorney, the Contra Costa Board of Supervisors said.

According to a statement Monday, the board will review candidate materials at its next regular public board meeting at 9 a.m. Aug. 1 and determine which ones will go forward, based on background checks conducted by the county administrator’s office.

Former district attorney Mark Peterson’s June 14 resignation over the illegal use of campaign funds left the office vacant through January 7, 2019, with no election set until June 2018.

“We remain committed to an open and transparent process during the selection period of our next District Attorney,” board Chairman Federal Glover said.

“It is unfortunate the county is faced with this situation, but it important that the public have ample opportunity to provide input as we make this very important decision.”

The candidates are: Diana Becton, a Contra Costa County Superior Court judge; David G. Brown, a former Contra Costa deputy district attorney; John Delgado, San Francisco assistant district attorney; Danielle Douglas, a Contra Costa County Superior Court judge; Paul J. Graves, senior Contra Costa deputy district attorney; William H. Green, director of the criminal conflict program of the Contra Costa Bar Association; Thomas J. Kensok, Contra Costa assistant district attorney; Richard A. Madsen, owner of Madsen Law Firm; Michael Martin Menesini, San Francisco assistant district attorney; Brad J. Nix, Stanislaus County deputy district attorney; Michael James Roemer, former Alameda County deputy district attorney; and Patrick Vanier, Santa Clara County deputy district attorney.

Graves and Vanier previously announced they would run in next year’s district attorney election.

All candidates’ application materials can be found here.

Finalists will be asked to participate in a public forum at 6 p.m. Aug. 15 with a moderated discussion broadcast and streamed online that will include public questions submitted in advance.

Finalists are due for interview at the board’s Sept. 12 public meeting, with a decision following later that day or on a following Sept. 19 meeting.

Contact George Kelly at 408-859-5180.

FUENTE:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/07/24/interim-contra-costa-da-applicants-face-supervisors-review/